Monday, January 30, 2012

Montoni's Pizza (5244 Godown Road, Columbus--Bethel Center)

Hype: Dave drives past this place all the time so we knew of its existence. That's it. Honestly, two other places were closed so we settled on this place.

Scene: Very nice. It is attached to a bar. It was kinda run down. A nice lady was cooking pies and taking orders--a one woman show. She turned the TV to us and put on ESPN.

The Pie:
Crust- Great. Thin, well-cooked. Held up well, except for the greasy middle. That was a peperoni issue though. Alone, this crust was solid.
Sauce- Straight outta the can and not that good.
Cheese- Liberally applied and good.
Peps- Too greasy. Not that good.
Overall-- Not a bad pie if you are hard up or in a bar in Bethel Center that happens to be attached to a pizza shop. Non-pep pizzas are recommended. (3--5)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food is good, customer service is not to be believed. Placed a delivery order and waited for over a hour, no food. Called back and they said my card had been declined and would have to pay cash if I wanted my food. Went online to my bank and saw the charge had been approved and processed a hour earlier. Called them back to tell them it had gone through, the owner/manager said she would send my order. My order never arrived. Went to the store in person the next day with a copy of my bank charge and talked to the owner/manager from the previous evening. She said "yea we messed up, but issued you a credit to your bank". Told me it was a 'f---cked up" evening. Sorry give us another chance. Did not offer any kind of sympathy or feeling of remorse for the situation. I asked if she could offer me something for my trouble and was told "No I can't do anything for you". This has to have been the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I would order 5 to 6 times a month from them. That's not happening anymore.